The Maiden’s Tower Istanbul (known as Kız Kulesi in Turkish) is a fabulous sea tower at the main gate to the Bosphorus, parallel to the longitudinal Istanbul’s Uskudar coastlines. It is additionally renowned as the Leandros as it is one of the city’s most well-known historic sites and landmarks. The Maiden’s Tower, before a clock tower, now uses as a coffee shop and diner in the daytime and just as community lounge in the nighttime. It moreover accommodates a variety of special invitations and institutions, such as wedding ceremonies, conferences, product releases, and company lunches and dinners.
History of Maiden’s Tower
As said by anthropologists, a property fragment separated from the Asian coastlines and formed an artificial island. It is also presumed that about 340 B.C., the Ancient Athens leader Alcibiades constructed a tower on this island chain to handle vessels and impose taxes at the doorway to the Bosphorus. King Manuel Comnenos constructed a first discerning castle on the island off the coast throughout the Roman era in the 1110s. King Manuel established two towers to ensure the city’s safety between 1143 and 1178. One was located on the island near, whereas the other was on the Topkapi Palace’s shoreline. A channel had been connected between the two towers to avoid warships from accessing the Bosphorus and trader vessels from transferring without charging the toll. After such a major reconstruction in 1833, Maiden’s Tower Istanbul took on its current form in the theme of Islamic architecture. In 1857, a French corporation constructed a brand-new lighthouse. Throughout the day, the tower is a coffee shop and restaurant, and in the evenings, it is a residential cuisine.
What to Do in Maiden’s Tower?
There are sorts of activities to do in Maiden’s Tower. You will definitely not forget the memories which you had here. You can enjoy the Maiden’s Tower with your lover or with your family. So let’s take a closer look at the “Kız Kulesi” activities.
Going to Cafe
You can enjoy a meal at the tower’s Kuledebar Cafe. It is located at the highest point of the tower and includes a veranda from which you can adore the lovely views of the entire city.
Breakfast is served from 09.00 (10.00 on weekends) to 13.00. A classic dispersed breakfast costs 90 TL (110 TL on Saturdays and Sundays), which takes into account the tower entry fee.
Enjoy Meal at Lunch
You can enjoy your meat at lunchtime at 12.00. You do not have to make a reservation. The restaurant serves delicious dishes here.
Dinner Time Through the Sunset
The Kız Kulesi restaurant offers fancy dinners. Just one sense in the firm of a spiritual ambiance and love tunes performed by an orchestra. The dinner service begins at 20:15.
How to Reach Maiden’s Tower Istanbul?
There are some options to reach Maiden’s Tower Istanbul. The Maiden’s Tower Sailing Systems from Kabatas and Uskudar Salacak piers are the most handy way to reach Maiden’s Tower.
- Use the tram from Sultanahmet to Kabatas.
- Pick the funicular from Taksim to Kabatas (from taksim Square).
- To reach Uskudar from Besiktas, use a public ferry or a yacht.
- From Sultanahmet and Eminonu, follow the Bagcilar-Kabatas tram (T1 line) to Sirkeci, and afterwards take the Marmaray or public transport services to Uskudar.
- To reach Salacak pier from Uskudar, hold a 5-minute city bus, cab, or walk about 1.8 kilometres away along on the shore.
- Boat ring services are provided from Kabatas pier (just on Saturdays and Sundays) and the Salacak shores (so near the tower).
- Boats from Kabatas to Maiden’s Tower move each hour between 10:00 and 18:00 (just weekends).
- Departures from Salacak to Maiden’s Tower are each 15 minutes for both 09:15 and 18:30.