Some Popullar Places to Have Enjoyable Times
İstanbul is a huge city and impossible to limit with a list but fastly recomendations are below, sure taxi prices and timing may change depending traffic situation.
You may have a look also to our all tips for adviced places…
Water Garden Ataşehir :
- Over 30-40 coffee shop and restuarant is there. 4 minute driving distance or 20 minute walking distance. It is 1.5 usd/euro by taxi. For more, read here…
- It is one of the popullar mall at İstanbul. For childs there is also an Aquarium to visit. 5 minute driving distance or 25 minute walking distance. It is 2 usd/euro by taxi.
- It is the outlet mall and if need any cloths it is cheaper at same brands comparing other places. 10 minute walking distance. By taxi it is 5 minute only. If need to walk from back town it is shorter as 5 minute (I believe it is OK but if you feel uncomfortable from main road you may walk 15 minute). It is 1.5 usd/Euro by taxi.
- It is one of the popullar mall at İstanbul. Popular brands you may reach here. 7 minute driving distance. It is 3 usd/euro by taxi.
Metropol Istanbul Mall:
- It is one of the popullar and newest mall at İstanbul. Popular brands you may reach here. 6 minute driving distance. It is 2 usd/euro by taxi.
- It is a very famous Street at İstanbul. Lots of luxerious shop, brand, coffee shops, resturants are here. It is over 14 km lenth. Most popullar section is around 3-4 km. Also connecting side streets are also very nice and good places ,resturants are also there. Over 500+ shop/coffe shopp/resturant at this Street and side connections. For one of the center of the Street you may say ŞAŞKINBAKKAL Marks&Spencer to driver. It will gide idea to taxi driver where to drop you as it is a long Street.
By walking it is 35 minute. With driving it is 10-15 minute. It is 3.5 usd/euro by taxi.
Cadde Bostan Sahil (coast):
- It is one of the coast able to swim at the center of the İstanbul. Lovely city such a metropol you may swim also. But people do not swim mostly.Walk or sit with chair on grass. By walking it is 40 minute. With driving it is 15 minute. It is 3.5 usd/euro by taxi. For more read here…
- 15 minute by driving with taxi it is around 5 usd/euro. A restaurant that you may have a over look to Bosphorus.Both Breakfeast,lunch,dinner you may have. for more read here…
- 20 minute by driving with taxi it is around 7-8 usd/euro. A restaurant nearby to Bosphorus.Both Breakfeast,lunch,dinner you may have here.
Gümüşsuyu Beykoz Restaurant:
- 20 minute by driving with taxi it is around 7-8 usd/euro. A restaurant nearby to Bosphorus.Both Breakfeast,lunch,dinner you may have here. for more read here…
Güzelce Hisar Coffee shop& Restaurant:
- 20 minute by driving with taxi it is around 8 usd/euro. A restaurant that you may have a over look to Bosphorus.Both Breakfeast,lunch,dinner you may have.
Volkan Arpacı Restaurant:
- It is one of the metric Kebab place at İstanbul. Kebab comes with meters depending how many person you are. So much appetizer also available and included to price. They have 2 fix menu with alcohol and without alcohol. Considering eaten food property and reaturant quality price is good.By taxi 7 minute.2 usd/euro.
- Kadıköy is one of the oldest town at İstanbul. Coffee shops,resturants, shops, turkish ferry(vapur) piers, Currency Exchange offices, so much think to interest.
By taxi it is 20 minute- 5 usd/euro. But you may go by bu sor metro directly also.
- Üsküdar is one of the oldest town at İstanbul. Coffee shops,resturants, shops, turkish ferry(vapur) piers, Currency Exchange offices, so much think to interest.
By taxi it is 20 minute- 5.5 usd/euro. But you may go by bus directly also.
Koşuyolu Tahtalı Park:
- This is a small park but around this park so many coffee shop,pub,patisserie is available. You may use Kadıköy or Üsküdar bus, take of at KOŞUYOLU KÖPRÜSÜ station and walk 5 minute from there.Or by taxi it is 8-9 minute / 3.5 usd-3.5 euro.
Çamlıca Kulesi Restaurant:
- It is a highest tover at İstanbul and built at top of Çamlıca. So it has a wide view. There is a restaurant at the top of it and you may watch the city with 360 available angle. It is 10 minute and 4.5 usd/euro by taxi.
- It is a good coffe shop, restaurant at large area and has a good view on bosphorus. 15 minute by taxi 6 usd/euro
Park Kebap Ataşehir:
- It is a good Kebab restaurant and alcohol is available if you interest. 5 minute driving distance. 2 usd /2 euro by taxi. for more read here…
- It is on europe side, a town near Bosphorus and have cofee shops,restaurants. But it is famous with KUMPİR.(name of the food, which lots of appetizer are placed inside very big potato.) Street Kumpir sellers are more delicious personally I preffer.
Sultanahmet & Grand Bazaar:
- So much historical place is at Sultanahmet. Also Grand bazaar is there. But max 1-2 visit more than enough. It is at to do list of tourists but recomend stay another place and visit here only.
You may go there by ‘metro’ at Ayrılık Çeşmesi station shifting to ‘Marmaray’ and get of at SİRKECİ station.
By taksi sure depends of the traffic but if no heavy traffic it is 25 minute 13 usd/13 euro.
Bosphorus Tours with ferry:
- You may go to Üsküdar by bus and have Bosphorus tour there. There is a big tour with big ferry (one departure a day) and short tours with short ferries. Short tour takes around 2 hours. Long tour is 6-8 hrs with stopping at Anadolu kavağı and having lunch there.(they stop and await all passengers around 2 hrs there and as it is a big ferry if you miss sure they are not aware you and they departure. By taxi pier at Üsküdar (Üsküdar Rıhtım in turkish) 15 minute 7 usd/7 euro.
Another option from Kadıköy Bosphorus tours are also available.
- Kız kulesi is one of the most historical place and the symbol of the İstanbul. You may go there by using Üsküdar destination bus but my advise take a minibus final destination with HAREM(each 2 minute it pass from station) and from Harem you will walk(this line is the strat of the bosphorus on South side) there 10 minute.
If you like to go to restaurant or coffee shop at Kız kulesi their launch is available and they dont charge extra if you have coffee or lunch/dinner there. You may preffer to have time shore places around there and watch kız kulesi also. By taxi it is 13 minute 6 usd/euro.
- Üsküdar Çinili hamam (turkish bath): If you like to try Turkish bath(Hamam) instead of touristic and expensive ones, try local one like this. Prices are good and more classic By taxi 11 minute / 6 usd/6 euro.
DAS DAS activity center:
- Especially at weekends there are concers. It is at Metropol İstanbul mall. You need to buy tickets in advance but mostly ı bought at gate find place till now You will tell driver to drive Metropol İstanbul only.
Bulvar 216 :
- coffee shops and pubs are avaiilable with 5 minute driving distance only. By taxi it is 1.5 usd/1.5 euro.
Çınaraltı / Çengelköy:
- it is an old type classic coffee shop at Çengelköy nearby the Bosphorus. Open for 24 hours. You may drink your tea coffee and also may have some snack nearby it which are open for 24 hours. By taxi it is 15 minute 8 usd/8 euro.
Beylerbeyi Sahil(Beylerbeyi coast)
- Under the first bridge conncetion of assia to europe it is a small town and coffe shops &resturants are available. Not luxerious one but have a different try. By taxi it is 13 minute 7 usd/ 7euro
- It is one of the luxerious marina of İstanbul. Entry to Marina is not allowed but neraby it so much place is available.
My recomend in that Area if like to drink coffee tea only ‘Midpoint Coffee shop’ or ‘Tesadüf Cafe’ is nice. But if you like to go have propper dinner or lunch try ‘Kalamış Divan Brasserie’.
If like to have a coctail at a roof and watch marina ‘Jigger Roof Bar’ (at roof of Wyndham Kalamış Hotel is the best option in that area. By taxi it is 12 minute 4.5 usd/euro.
- It is a museum displayed İstanbul symbols mini models (like haggia sophia, bridges,bosphorus etc) are made and shown. To have a fast summerise of İstanbul it is recomended if you have chil esspecially.
It is at Europe side by taxi it is 30 minute and 11 usd/11 euro.
Çamlıca Camii (mosque) :
- It is construction is completed at 2019. It is the biggest Mosque in Turkey.It has a land of 57500m2. It has 6 minaret and same time able to host 63000 prayer/visitor. It has art galeria,museum,libary,art workshops inside.
By taxi it is 10 minute and around 5 usd/5 euro.
Princess Island and other island:
- Able to swim and have enjoyable times. Esspecially if you like to eat Fish , fish restaurants are nice. Remember İstanbul is a metropol city and still able to swim. But expectations shouldnt be high for coasts,such a population like this and it is a metropol city tourism and coast are still favourably in use and keep clean. As ı know there is no other metropol city in the world you may swim also. You may have tour at islands. There are 5 island and you may try any using the same ferry which is passing one by one. Büyük ada biggest and popular one but if you dont like crowded ı reccomend to visit others. for more read here…
Most of the ferries for Princess islands departure from (Bostancı pier) /’bostancı Rıhtım’ in Turkish. It takes around 11 minute by taxi and around 4.5 usd/4.5 euro to reach to pier.
- You may pass by taxi 30 minutes around 12 usd/euro.
Another option is using metro shift to marmaray- back to metro conection at metro connection again.with this methode it takes around 40 minute upon you reached first metro including connection short walks and awaits.